Wednesday, July 6, 2011

on a much brighter note :)

Sorry about my last post I really needed to get everything off my chest, I like to use my blog as my therapy because it gets everything off my chest and I love that I can and also because I really have no friends here which blows! I need girl time every once and awhile! lol.. but back to what I was getting at I made my appointment for next monday to see the doctor and hope things work out and I can get back to my normal self instead of this crazy person who took over my body, or I would like to call her my evil twin! I sat down after I wrote that last post and cried and cried; I got a lot of thinking in though good thoughts and time to change some things in my life and marriage to make them better! First off I am taking care of me and my problems at the doctor, but as of my marriage I started right when I figured out I don't want to loose my husband, best friend again and I know we I need some work! So I was browsing blogs and found a great idea to start these...


If you haven't heard of this book, its from the movie Fireproof, which I love and own and it has helped a lot for understanding marriage, I bought this book a month ago and planned on doing it but I honestly just didnt care too! I know wrong, but I was mad and yada yada..so I decided to start today on the first dare: DAY 1: so far its been quite easy because honestly my husband has been asleep since he has been home, but I texted him positive things and helped him today more than I have in awhile so far so good! 



Here is the link that tells you everything you need to know for right now and she post the daily challenge everyday on her blog :) 

I cannot wait to see the results, I actually started today because it is needed! 
here it goes:


SO WE BEGIN WITH DAY ONE: 

"The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life."
-Proverbs 31:11-12

To help you get started, have you ever thanked your husband for "choosing" you above all other women? He found you attractive as a person, and appreciated you. Though many circumstances in your marriage may have changed, let your husband know that you are glad God led you together, and that you want to be a blessing to him for the rest of your marriage. Let him know that he can trust you to be in his corner.

One of the best opportunities to express your gratitude is first thing in the morning. How do you greet your husband each morning? Is he confident in your love? Give him a "wake up call" that he'll never forget - a big "I love you" and an "I'm so glad to be your wife!"

THE RESULTS OF DAY 1 SO FAR: 
I texted him this while he was at a motorcycle class on base and he came home a happy man and gave me a big kiss, and that hasn't happened in awhile and said thank you my proud wife I missed you with a big smile, i blushed for once in long time to him and my heart smiled, i already see change and love it! :)  

LETS JUST SAY I AM ONE HAPPY GIRL RIGHT NOW! :) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Courtney! I'm glad you're following along. Thanks for the comment! I tried to reply to you via e-mail, but you don't have an e-mail address set up to reply back to your comments. :(

Caley-Jade Rosenberg said...

Hi Courtney, thanks for following and so glad you did so that I could find your blog - i promise I will be back up and running soon!

This is such an honest post and I am sure many of us bloggers feel this way from time to time! I watched Fireproof and read the Love Dare before i was even married but it's amazing how it touched home - and is so so amazing!! And what a blessing that the husband challenge runs at the same time.

These are all great signs for you and such a proud moment that you can see what is going on and try to change to make a difference.

Good luck!
x